1st Feb 2019 – 12th Feb 2019
Dream Catcher North-Palolem beach,
On the River Bank,
Canacona , South Goa-403702
About the Course
The ancient martial art Kalarippayatt and the classical dance Kathakali. Chavutti Thirummal, the Keralite massage with the foot, is an inseparable part of these traditions.
This is a unique whole body massage using the feet instead of hands. The therapist holds a rope and gives massage with his feet, the feet moving in several patterns all over the client’s body.
After applying healing oils, the therapist uses body weight to work on the energy lines focusing on muscle and bone alignment. This restores elasticity and flexibility. Massage is done mainly with the instep of the foot, at times using the toes and heels.
Chavutti Thirummal is a delicate balancing act with the rope and requires tremendous coordination, concentration and physical power.
Chavutti Thirummal is done on a firm, supportive mat on the floor.
- General background, history and theory.
- How to tie and hold the rope. How to sustain body-balance while giving massage.
- Back of the body: Massage of the back of the body. A series of short and long moves on the legs, arms, back and the head.
- Side position: Few moves with the person lying on the side.
- Front of the body: Massage of the front of the body. A series of short and long moves on the legs, arms, abdomen, chest and the face.
- Sitting position: A series of short moves on the legs. Includes a spinal twist.
- Dharmika Asana / Shashanga Asana position: Few moves with the person in this position.
- Finishing touch.
- Detailed theory: Relating Chavutti Thirummal to Thai Massage and the Indian philosophy of the Prana system. A sequence of techniques and therapeutic pressure points to treat and relieve headache, knee pain, lower back pain, etc.
- Practicing a whole massage under supervision. The student will receive detailed feedback with advice, cautions and recommendations for future practice
Why study at Isthaa?
As one of the most premium Kerala Ayurveda Institutes in the country, we provide the most specialized and professional healing courses. We strive to provide one-on-one sessions with our Kerala qualified teachers as well as a peaceful and supportive studying and working environment for our students to learn.
With our years of experience in this field, Isthaa provides all the necessary tools and techniques to our students to equip them for their bright future ahead. Our course and institute is recognized by the ‘Government of India’and ‘International Ayurveda Academy Kerala’ and each student, on the completion of their course, will receive a certificate from our institute approved by the Government of India.
Our course provides an additional advantage as it provides not just theoretical and practical session on Ayurveda, but also medicinal preparations and Ayurveda cooking class with comprehensive training that develops your communication and client management skills, along with making our students self-aware and self-observant of the knowledge they receive during the course.